Friday, February 6, 2015

A Riot Story - Tension Finish

A Riot Story - Tension Finish


He stepped in my house with a scary face,
folded hands and spoke in fake confidence
with trembling words:
“They are coming this way!”

I saw terror of death in his eyes
Also read changing colour of his face
asking for a permission
to hope for a long life!!

I too gave him my word to save him
informing my status and capacity
and instructed him not to worry!
I took responsibility to save his life at any cost!

Bodyguards of a particular religion,
already engaged in riots,
were on my doorsteps.
They were knocking my door
as they will knock it down
My thoughts of defining humanity
was felt like dying in regret!!
Confusion was mandatory in my mind!!
I calmed down myself by presuming that
the intruders might be of my religion
And opened the door or
it was just opened in confusion
I don’t remember??
But the stranger in my asylum was shivering in terror!

I tried to identify the visitors with panicked face
And we both were on the death door in my own house
Because the rioters were of the third religion??
They enquired about the religion of our both
Next moment –
The stranger came in my asylum was lying breathless
next to my dead body!!!

My exited soul was standing near my dead body
and watching it in uncertainty
The soul of the stranger also left his body
and stood fearless near my soul!!
Both spent some moments with their once body-homes,
Held each other’s hands
And left the place with a laughter
Saying: “Two living bodies may have a religion
Riots may have a religion
Human-beings may have a religion
Dead bodies may have a religion
Grave-yards may have a religion.
But the souls are not restricted to any religion!
So Nothing To Worry…Tension Finish!!!”

~ Kanwaljit Bhullar




No comments:

Post a Comment